Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sunday I ate my 1st (MorningStar Farms Grillers Original) veggie burger. Why did I have stomach pains all day?

10 minutes after I ate it, I had horrible stomach pains all day and night. It felt like somebody kicked me in the stomach. Will this happen ever time I try veggie foods?Sunday I ate my 1st (MorningStar Farms Grillers Original) veggie burger. Why did I have stomach pains all day?
I have not had them. They're highly processed, and for me they're not vegan. Not exactly health food. But I've never heard of people having the problems with them that you've mentioned. You might want to see a doctor and ask about celiac disease. People with celiac disease have the symptoms you've mentioned, and people with this condition have problems eating gluten-- which is what the burger you ate has in it. That's just a thought.



Veggie food includes vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans/legumes, nuts and seeds. It does not have to include processed boxed food from the freezer section. I got a stomach ache just reading this list of ingredients:



TEXTURED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WATER FOR HYDRATION), EGG WHITES, CORN OIL, CALCIUM CASEINATE, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF MODIFIED TAPIOCA STARCH, ONION POWDER, CANOLA OIL, TRIGLYCERIDES FROM COCONUT OIL, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (CORN GLUTEN, WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY PROTEIN), DEXTROSE, SALT, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, SUGAR, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS FROM NON-MEAT SOURCES, CARAMEL COLOR, CULTURED WHEY, MALTODEXTRIN, GARLIC POWDER, SPICE, CELLULOSE GUM, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE, SOY SAUCE (WATER, SOYBEANS, SALT, WHEAT), VITAMINS AND MINERALS (NIACINAMIDE, IRON [FERROUS SULFATE], THIAMIN MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE [VITAMIN B6], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], VITAMIN B12), SESAME SEED OIL, CELERY EXTRACT, SOY LECITHIN.
Some possibilities:



You're allergic to something in the food.



It's vastly different from what you are used to eating. A sudden change in diet can cause stomach pains among other things.



Food-borne illness (food poisoning). Especially if there was any vomiting or diarrhea this could be what happened to you.



It could be that your stomach pains were unrelated to this veggie burger. Maybe you caught a virus or something else you ate made you sick. It's possible.





Do you seldom eat "veggie foods"? If you don't often eat fruits and vegetables, it may be wise to try to incorporate more of them into your diet. Nobody *needs* to eat veggie burgers but everybody should eat some healthy fruits and vegetables every day if possible.Sunday I ate my 1st (MorningStar Farms Grillers Original) veggie burger. Why did I have stomach pains all day?
I've never tried that brand of veggie burger and I don't know what the ingredients are, but it is packaged processed food, so maybe you had a bad reaction to a colouring or flavouring ingredient used. Try another brand of veggie burger or make your own at home (Google for recipes).
No - but it may happen when you eat highly processed junk food.

I can't comfortably eat morning star products. However, years of healthy eating has cause my body to be intolerant of many additives and preservatives.



Just eat healthy whole foods and you will be fine.Sunday I ate my 1st (MorningStar Farms Grillers Original) veggie burger. Why did I have stomach pains all day?
If you are used to a larger diet of meat, you will likely get stomach pains. Change in diet sometimes requires gradual adjustment.
I eat these products from time to time. I've never had this kind of problem. Maybe it was something else you ate that day? What did you put on the burger?
because you shouldnt be vegetarian

No comments:

Post a Comment