Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Morningstar farms "grillers" meal starters?

what should i do with them? i was thinking burritos with refried beans, would that be good? if you've had them before, please tell me how you prepared them. thanks!Morningstar farms "grillers" meal starters?
They're great for tacos (just cook them in a skillet and add the taco seasoning), burritos (refried beans, corn, and queso dip inside, with your choice of veggies and sour cream on top), and white lasagna dishes (there are tons of recipes online... just substitute the crumbles for whatever meat they suggest). You can also use them for stuffed peppers. I don't eat tomatoes either, so I have plenty of recipes modified to avoid them.



Here's the stuffed pepper recipe:



Ingredients:



4 large green bell peppers (tops sliced off, and cleaned out and rinsed)

1 bag of the grillers

1 clove garlic, minced

1/2 onion, chopped

1 cup cooked Spanish rice without the tomatoes (you can use white or brown rice if you prefer, but I like the flavor, myself)

1 jar queso dip (or you can make your own if you prefer)

Salt and pepper to taste

1 cup shredded Mexican cheese (or cheddar, if you prefer)



Preparation:



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place peppers on a microwave safe dish with the sliced end on the plate. Cover well. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Place peppers with sliced end up in a baking dish the appropriate size to accomodate the peppers without them tipping over (so a small, square cake pan will usually work). Brown the grillers with the garlic and onion. Add the rice and salt and pepper, stirring until well combined and heated through. Put this mixture in a bowl. Heat the queso sauce in the microwave, then pour on half on top of the grillers mixture. Stir until well combined. Quickly fill each pepper with the mixture, then top off with the rest of the queso (you may not use all of it) and add cheese to top. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes (or until cheese is melted and slightly browned).



**You can also substitute other sauces for the queso. I just happen to REALLY like cheese and spicy foods. I have a friend who prefers brown rice and italian dressing in hers. It's up to you!
My wife and I use them to make Tacos all the time. Deelish!Morningstar farms "grillers" meal starters?
when I was a vegetarian I used to make sloppy joe's using those "crumbler's" and then I would put cheese on top. Delicious.
I really like them...when preparing any dish that calls for hamburger, instead of putting the meat in first, like hamburger, put the grillers in last...just long enough to thaw and warm them up...Morningstar farms "grillers" meal starters?
What I usually use them for is either to make tacos(I get one of those powder packets that are meant for regular tacos but it has no meat in it). Or Hamburger Helper's three cheese, it has no meat in it and it taste good! Just make it the way it says on the box but with the crumbles instead of the meat.
i had them vefor and like all their soy burgers and stuff but i dont know how to perpare them just put them on a pan and stick them in the oven there is directions on the!
I thought they were called "crumblers"? But anyways, I'm sure we're thinking of the same thing since they're like the vegan version of ground beef. They're really good with burritos. Just cook it like you would regular meat with a packet of taco seasoning. The instructions would be on back of the taco seasoning mix. It turns out really well.



Normally all I do with that "grillers" (or crumblers) is use it in spaghetti sauce. It turns out pretty good that way too. I don't like tomatoes either but I do like spaghetti sauce..so weird.
You use it the same way you would ground mest. I make tacos, cottage pie, pasta sauce, lasagna etc.
Sorry I am in Australia and have never heard of morningstar farms.What is that and why dont you like tomatoes.I have never known anyone to not like tomatoes.
You can use them w/ pasta (like lasagna), burritos/tacos, casseroles, stuffed green peppers (one of my favorite uses!), nachos or whatever you feel like really!
I use them in place of meat in any recipe.
I use it to make spaghetti, tacos, burritos, chili, sloppy Joe's... pretty much whatever someone would put ground beef in, I use this instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment